Go Back   Non Sports Card Forum > Off Topic Talk > Entertainment Talk

Fringe- decision to come this week!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
HIPPIEKMT
NSCF Merchant

My Card Inventory
Default Fringe- decision to come this week!

Here is an update on Fringe.....we should know maybe this week! Let's keep our fingers cross we get at least 12 more episodes to finish it all up!

Fringe fans, it looks like a decision about the beloved Fox series' fate is coming sooner rather than later. But, how soon?

A renewal decision should be made this week, producer Joel Wyman revealed via his Twitter account.

At least we won't have to wait long to know if our hearts will be broken. Judging by Wyman's recent posts, he seems to think the show at least has a fighting chance at renewal. So there's that.

He also noted to one follower that, if the show does come back for a fifth season, it will just be for 13 episodes. As for the odds of a theatrical or made-for-TV movie? Don't count on it.

So, fingers crossed, folks. Just a few days to go.

HIPPIES CARDS

CARDS FOR SALE OR TRADE:
http://s916.photobucket.com/albums/ad6/hippiekmt/

COLLECTION:
http://www.nonsportscardforum.com/album.php?albumid=20
HIPPIEKMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:04 AM   #2
Nicnac
LEGEND

My Card Inventory

Never count on Fox.... I hope they come through but they are seriously a bunch of asshats.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:15 AM   #3
Frontline
SUPERSTAR

My Card Inventory

Fingers crossed this pans out like we all hope it does, this show deserves a fighting chance.
If they do make the fifth series then perhaps with the cards due for release next month. We may just have a bit of a revival....well here's hoping and praying anyways!
Only concern is that the cast dont seem too enthusiastic beyond season 5 (should it be made) Noble and Torv have both hinted that it should end there.

Last edited by Frontline; 04-11-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Frontline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:15 AM   #4
MileHigh AI3
SUPERSTAR

My Card Inventory

As long as the show gets a proper ending. So sick of shows lasting a couple years, getting people invested and then bam series cancelled with a bunch of Big WTF questions still unanswered. Fox is notorious for this.

Personally I feel Fringe could have ended on last season's finale. Peter Bishop is erased and now things should go back to before most things happened on the show. End show. Now they have gone on afterwards with him back as well as other side questions in regards to the two realities that you have to let them finish and come to a close. I'll be damned if Fox cancels Fringe and season 4 ends on a cliff hanger.

NON-SPORTS COLLECTION

Castle Complete Set (55/55=100%!)
MileHigh AI3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
Frontline
SUPERSTAR

My Card Inventory

Yeah,
In an ideal world I would like the series to continue but I would not want the show to become a farce by dragging it to the ground.
I would most certainly settle for a proper ending so that there is some sort of closure. I am in full agreement with you MileHigh, I am sick to death of seeing shows being cut without a proper ending, leaving more questions than answers!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
Frontline
SUPERSTAR

My Card Inventory

Gotta love the intrigue
This is what Lance Reddick had to say recently:
""Something happens at the very, very end of the season finale," says Reddick. "It may or may not stay; I don't know. It could open up an entire new season."
Old 04-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
duwal30
HOFer

My Card Inventory

Pay attention Fox: Fringe wins TV Guide's March Madness

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...s-renewed.html

Took down such shows as Community, Game of Thrones and Castle to reach the top
duwal30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #8
MileHigh AI3
SUPERSTAR

My Card Inventory

as cool as it would be to say that the TV Guide March Madness win gets it renewed, after
looking at that bracket I can't take TV Guide even remotely serious with the ridiculousness of some of the matchups and wins.

NON-SPORTS COLLECTION

Old 04-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #9
Driftwood83

My Card Inventory

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHigh AI3 View Post
as cool as it would be to say that the TV Guide March Madness win gets it renewed, after
looking at that bracket I can't take TV Guide even remotely serious with the ridiculousness of some of the matchups and wins.
Couldnt agree with you more, no respect for that bracket. I like Fringe, but how does Community go so far? Same with West Wing. Malarkey

I collect EVERYTHING Star Wars and Videogame related, let me know what you have.
Traders and My Collection
Complete Star Wars Want List (Adding More Daily)
Driftwood83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #10
Chuck Bartowski
LEGEND

My Card Inventory

Community, like Fringe, has a huge cult following. This is also why Arrested Development did so well.

West Wing was also extremely popular.

Fringe does really well in the online competition because of how rabid its fan base is. Chuck did well in online competitions too. I'm a little surprised that it wasn't included.

"...if nothing we do matters then all that matters is what we do. Because that's all there is. What we do. Now. Today." ..."Because, if there's no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world."
Chuck Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:15 AM   #11
HIPPIEKMT
NSCF Merchant

My Card Inventory

New article today about fringe.

As per annual tradition, Fringe fans have spent these early spring months wondering whether the show will get another season, with each notification of a Fringe-related news story that is not an official confirmation of renewal or cancellation causing them to shoot the messenger with spluttering rage, before gradually realizing that the messenger is just doing their job, then offering to buy them a beer as recompense for taking frustrations out on them.

(Figuratively speaking, of course.) But while the network has still yet to announce its decision, star Lance Reddick has revealed to Zap2It that, fittingly, the show has prepared for either contingency with two versions of the fourth season finale that lead to two potential realities.
In one universe, Fringe gets picked up for a 13-episode final season, and the finale ends with a “crazy cliffhanger” scene that Reddick says “could open up an entire new season.” In the alternate universe, Fringe gets canceled, that scene gets cut, and the episode serves as a series finale that “seems to answer almost all the questions that started in Season 1… except for that one story” that won’t make it to air. Either way, Reddick echoes what co-stars Joshua Jackson and John Noble have previously said about the season ender providing closure, as well as leaving fans “satisfied” by where a lot of the characters’ relationships end up (which would certainly be new for the show). But of course, that’s assuming that Fringe fans will be satisfied by anything other than renewal, which we can assure Reddick they will not.

HIPPIES CARDS

CARDS FOR SALE OR TRADE:

COLLECTION:

Last edited by HIPPIEKMT; 04-18-2012 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Edit
Old 04-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #12
Frontline
SUPERSTAR

My Card Inventory

I for one am one of those fans that will not be content unless there is a renewal.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #13
MileHigh AI3
SUPERSTAR

My Card Inventory

Pretty interesting episode last night, also cool to see Henry Ian Cusick on TV again.

NON-SPORTS COLLECTION

Old 04-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #14
riddler_149
SUPERSTAR

My Card Inventory

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHigh AI3 View Post
Pretty interesting episode last night, also cool to see Henry Ian Cusick on TV again.
It was also pretty cool to see a certain retired actor make a cameo. It made me have an OMG moment for sure, which I haven't had since LOST!

http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/...0Cards%20FSFT/

Trade list: https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/
riddler_149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #15
Sidewinder
SUPERSTAR

My Card Inventory

I've never watched Fringe, but I hope you guys get a good ending because it really sucks when a show ends with things up in the air.
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #16
Chuck Bartowski
LEGEND

My Card Inventory

And Fringe will continue with a Season 5!!!!!!!!!!! No link yet, but someone posted this on another board, and they are usually right.

It's also being reported on twitter by multiple sources.

"...if nothing we do matters then all that matters is what we do. Because that's all there is. What we do. Now. Today." ..."Because, if there's no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world."
Old 04-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #17
Chuck Bartowski
LEGEND

My Card Inventory

FOX has announced via a press release that it has renewed its sci-fi drama "Fringe" for a fifth and final season of 13 episodes.

“FRINGE is a remarkably creative series that has set the bar as one of television’s most imaginative dramas. Bringing it back for a final 13 allows us to provide the climactic conclusion that its passionate and loyal fans deserve,” said FOX Entertainment president Kevin Reilly. “The amazing work the producers, writers and the incredibly talented cast and crew have delivered the last four seasons has literally been out of this world. Although the end is bittersweet, it’s going to be a very exciting final chapter.”

FRINGE co-creator and executive producer J.J. Abrams added, “We are thrilled and beyond grateful that FOX – and our fans – have made the impossible possible: FRINGE will continue into a fifth season that will allow the series to conclude in a wild and thrilling way. All of us at Bad Robot are forever indebted to our viewers and the amazingly supportive FOX network for allowing the adventures of Fringe Division to not only continue, but to resolve in a way that perfectly fits the show.”

“This pickup means the world (both of them) to us, because we love sharing these stories with our enthusiastic fans,” added FRINGE showrunners and executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman. “On behalf of the cast and crew, we applaud our fans and FOX for allowing us to imagine the impossibilities together for so long. Season Five is going to be a conclusive thrill ride for all of us.”

I agree...thank you FOX...this almost makes up for cancelling Firefly, Terminator and Dollhouse.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #18
duwal30
HOFer

My Card Inventory

very exciting news and its always best for a show to know exactly when the show will be wrapped up so they can prepare for it rather than try and rush to an end due to speculated cancellation
duwal30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #19
HIPPIEKMT
NSCF Merchant

My Card Inventory

Maybe FOX has learned from its past mistakes!!! I don't think ANYTHING will ever make up for cancelling Firefly...LOL!!!!...........but it's a start!

HIPPIES CARDS

CARDS FOR SALE OR TRADE:

COLLECTION:
Old 05-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #20
streicher187
LEGEND

My Card Inventory

I liked the ending of the Terminator series and thought it had a lot of promise where they took it.

Even before Firely they axed Dark Angel and I always hoped for a movie or an X-Files Tie in (with the super humans)
streicher187 is offline   Reply With Quote