update
Old 04-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
streicher187
LEGEND

My Card Inventory
Default update

My mothers surgery went fine but she got an infection from the hospital that caused her lung to collapse. She was in critical condition for about a week before they made the decision to life flight her to Pittsburgh.

They got her lung inflated and put a tube in to her stomach to get her back on solid food. She's far from out of the woods but things are getting a little better.. She has been upgraded from critical to guarded (because of being so week after no solid food for 2 weeks)..

We got a letter from original hospital today saying "oops our bad we gave her the infection" while it's nice they admit it is their fault it's little comfort..
streicher187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
Driftwood83

My Card Inventory

Stay strong, glad to hear things are getting a bit better.

I collect EVERYTHING Star Wars and Videogame related, let me know what you have.
Traders and My Collection
Complete Star Wars Want List (Adding More Daily)
Driftwood83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
wvfan
SUPERSTAR

Location: In a big blue box. Thats bigger on the inside then the out.
My Card Inventory

I keep your mom in my prayers. Pitt is a great hosptial. When my brother broke his neck and discs in his back. The sent him there. The other hosptial told us he proably never walk again but today he is if nothing ever happened to him.

Take care and will be thinking and praying for you.
wvfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
streicher187
LEGEND

My Card Inventory

Thanks

they moved her out of ICU today and if all goes well they will send her to Hamot in Erie in about a week for rehab.

We didn't go after the hospital when they screwed up and left my father disabled and in a wheelchair but think we may talk to a lawyer this time esp. after hospital admitted they gave her an infection and left it go untreated until her lung collapsed.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
Billy Kingsley
STAR

My Card Inventory

Glad to hear she is getting better...no thanks to them!

Nail them to the wall, if you can. I am of the belief that doctors cause more harm than good- and I love to see some hack get taken to task for hurting people. I'm truly glad your mom has the chance to recover...my dad didn't.
Please excuse the learning curve, been out of this side of the hobby for 15+ years!
Billy Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
streicher187
LEGEND

My Card Inventory

She has been in Dubois in an extended care facility, she got another infection there and they where going to take her to the hospital to have it taken care of but they all told them NO. Every doctor in the area refused to help her so now they have to leave her lay there till it become life threatening then they can Life Flight her back to Pittsburgh or Erie for treatment.

Now she will be clinging to life AGAIN because of a simple infection that every doctor refused to treat.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:49 AM   #7
Nicnac
LEGEND

My Card Inventory

Quote:
Originally Posted by streicher187 View Post
She has been in Dubois in an extended care facility, she got another infection there and they where going to take her to the hospital to have it taken care of but they all told them NO. Every doctor in the area refused to help her so now they have to leave her lay there till it become life threatening then they can Life Flight her back to Pittsburgh or Erie for treatment.

Now she will be clinging to life AGAIN because of a simple infection that every doctor refused to treat.
It's stories like this that really make me afraid of getting older in this country... too much bureaucracy, too much corporate interfer... um sponsorship of doctors...

Sorry for all that your mom is going through
Old 06-09-2012, 05:45 AM   #8
streicher187
LEGEND

My Card Inventory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
It's stories like this that really make me afraid of getting older in this country... too much bureaucracy, too much corporate interfer... um sponsorship of doctors...

Sorry for all that your mom is going through
thanks - sad thing is she has a REALLY great insurance plan from work, I fear to think what would be going on if she was on medicare. She will be going to Pittsburgh either Tomorrow or Monday

And we are talking with a lawyer early next week