Go Back   Non Sports Card Forum > NSCF Discussion > NSCF Review Forum

2010 Press Pass Elvis Milestones Trading Cards
Old 09-25-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
Davz13
moderator badge

My Card Inventory
Default 2010 Press Pass Elvis Milestones Trading Cards

I did this review on Trader Retreat (http://www.traderretreat.com/forum/o...tml#post625105), but I thought I'd also share it here...

2010 Press Pass Elvis Milestones Trading Cards

ELVIS "MILESTONES"
Press Pass is pleased to announce the release of its fifth Elvis entertainment trading card set, Elvis Milestones. The 75-card set commemorates the 75th birthday of "The King" and offers Elvis fans and collectors a glimpse into some of the most significant events to occur throughout the life of one of the most popular musical artists of the 20th century.

Configuration: 24 packs per box. 5 cards per pack.

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
- ONE ON-CARD AUTOGRAPH OR MEMORABILIA CARD IN EVERY HOBBY BOX!
- The King's Things - memorabilia cards featuring Elvis-worn clothing
- Celebrity Signatures - authentic autograph cards of Elvis' co-stars & Band members. Look for limited edition "inscription" autograph cards.
- Historic Cuts - Elvis cut signatures, including a special, first-ever "Signature Threads" card featuring both an authentic Elvis signature and a swatch of Elvis-worn clothing!
- Petruccio Mini Masterpieces - Hand-drawn sketch cards from renowned artist Joe Petruccio. Each sketch card is numbered to 20 or less!
- Elvis 3-D Pop-Ups - 6 cards featuring the different looks of Elvis over the span of his career.
- Under The Lights - foil inserts featuring memorable concert photography
- "DIAMOND" base card parallels numbered to 75

Here's what I pulled in our box of 2010 Press Pass Elvis Milestones Trading Cards:

Base Cards and Parallels;

(base front and back)

(parallel – sorry about the flash, but it would not scan)

The design is pretty neat. The foreground is the top and bottom curved, color border. The ELV75 logo is at the top center, while the bottom holds the MILESTONES logo, the title of the card, and they highlight the date the event occurred. The background is the picture.

For the card backs, they give you random tidbits about the milestone. For example, “The Elvis stamp is the top-selling commemorative postage stamp of all time.” The borders (and tidbits, logos, card number, and milestone dates) are in the foreground, once again. In the background is a zoomed-out version of the picture/photo seen on the front, so you can see more of what it was.

The base set is separated into groups of color; green, blue, and purple. We pulled 63/75 base cards (and 0 duplicates, which is always nice).

The parallels we pulled were “75th Birthday”. The odds were 1:1 pack, but we actually pulled 2ack! I don’t know if that was a change in odds, or if this was a mini hotbox. The design is the same as the base, but it says “ELV75 Birthday 2010” is a gloss which is somewhat hard to see, and extremely hard to scan (sorry about the picture ). We pulled 48 out of the 75 cards! So we are more than halfway to a parallel set! Incredible!

Inserts;

We pulled 2 insert sets out of this box; “Elvis 3-D Pop-Ups” and “Under The Lights.”

The “Elvis 3-D Pop-Ups” are just what it says; pop-up cards. The backs have directions on what to fold first, second, etc. to make the pop-up card stand. The cards are foil inserts, and they depict various movies Elvis was in.

“Under The Lights” is also a foil insert, but the foil is very high gloss, and anything that was white in the picture is now this platinum foil. These cards show memorable concert photography, and the cards also give you the date(s) of the event. The card backs show the photo that was on the front, so you can easily see what the glossy image originally looked like.

• (3) Elvis 3-D Pop-Ups: PU1 (“Love Me Tender” 1956), PU4 (“Blue Hawaii” 1961) & PU5 (“Clambake” 1967)
• (4) Under The Lights: UTL2 (International Hotel in Las Vegas), UTL3 (Elvis Performs Annual TX Livestock Show), UTL5 (The 2nd Annual Elvis Presley Summer Festival), & UTL8 (Elvis in Concert)

Memorabilia Card;

Every box has either an autograph or a memorabilia card. We pulled one of “The King’s Things” memorabilia cards. This card is of Elvis’ smoking jacket. What a cool and unusual memorabilia card!

For the design, the top and bottom designs are in the foreground, while Elvis’ picture is in the background. The King’s Things logo at the top reminds me of a car emblem; maybe a pink caddy The bottom design has a hexagonal die-cut window that holds the memorabilia swatch. A design shoots off it from both sides; the left having the Press Pass logo, and the right having the card’s title.

• (1) The King's Things: KT1 (Smoking Jacket)

Final Thoughts on 2010 Press Pass Elvis Milestones Trading Cards;

A smoking jacket! How cool!

I know a lot of non-sports collectors are set collectors, so they would be disappointed that they did not complete a base set; HOWEVER, to get more than half the parallel set is amazing. I’m sure this combination would give the collector enough incentive to buy the second box!

The insert cards are fun; I wanted to make one of the pop-ups, but I decided not too, so I can give them away in a contest in its pure form

In conclusion, any Elvis fan would love this set. I love the memorabilia card; I think it is hilarious (and at the same time a cool idea) to pull a piece of his smoking jacket!
A fun box, and a great job by Press Pass.

Here's how I would rate this product;
  • Value = 3
  • Innovation = 4
  • Fun and Experience = 4
  • Rebuy Value = 3

I rate this product an "B" for Press Pass!

I would like to thank Press Pass and Trader Retreat for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Support the sponsors that support Trader Retreat.

http://www.freewebs.com/davz13/index.htm

Last edited by Davz13; 10-02-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Davz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
Dangerskillz
STAR

My Card Inventory

Nice break...i can imagine those 'Signature Thread's Elvis autos going for alot of $$
dangerskillz online store
Dangerskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
Billy Kingsley
STAR

My Card Inventory

When I first saw on card autographs, that sure made me do a double take...until I read further. LOL.

I'm not a very big fan of Elvis's music, there are some I like some I don't like, however, one of my favorite relatives is a big Elvis fan and I am thinking of getting some of these for her.

Was there anything about the movie "Speedway" in there?
Please excuse the learning curve, been out of this side of the hobby for 15+ years!
Billy Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
Davz13
moderator badge

My Card Inventory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kingsley View Post
Was there anything about the movie "Speedway" in there?
I think there is a pop-up card of speedway

http://www.freewebs.com/davz13/index.htm

Davz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
SteakandKidneyPie
SEMI-STAR

My Card Inventory

That is a nice collection of Elvis. They may be valuable in the future.
SteakandKidneyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:04 AM   #6
Elvis Presley
PROSPECT

My Card Inventory

its a cool set but only 2 new items a swim trunks and a pat priest auto, hmm could have made other memorabilia and different autos with different photos

MY ELVIS THREADS

Elvis wants-http://www.nonsportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=6706
Elvis Presley is offline   Reply With Quote